Killing ants by homemade method is a safer, cleaner and cheaper process. Using very common household ingredients one can safely get rid of the ants without putting anyone in danger by use of chemicals.
Before starting on how to proceed with the process, one should gather up the essential ingredients required.
- Spray bottle
- Mason jar
- Bottle caps
- Dish washing liquid
- Borax or boric acid
Steps to Get Rid of Ants
- Fill an empty spray bottle with water and then add the dish washing liquid to the water. Make sure that the water is warm. Before application on the ants, shake well and then spray. A guaranteed safe kill for ants.
- By using a screwdriver, remove the one switch plates from walls where ants are seen are tend to be around.
- By using a spoon, scoop out about 1/2 tsp of borax/boric acid and put this scooped out amount in the metal casing of switch or main units. When ants travel through the electrical units, the Borax will instantly kill the ants. Borax needs to be replaced by new amounts every 3-6 months, in order to ensure effective killing.
- Making bait traps is another effective method for killing ants. By using empty bottle caps etc, fill them with some food and with a few amount of borax as well. Place these small traps at places where ants are likely to be found i.e. kitchens, sinks, garbage cans, doorways, windows etc. These traps prove to be a cleaner method of killing ants and can be used in the tiniest of places.
- Instead of using harmful pesticides, one can make their own environment friendly ant killers. Mix about a quarter cup of sugar with equal amount of honey and store the mixture in a mason jar. Before application, heat the mixture just enough so as to the honey and sugar melt. Sprinkle quarter cup of borax as well and then mix well together. Drizzle the mixture on affected ant areas. The sweet mixture will attract many ants and the borax will hence kill them instantly. The mixture should be airtight, and used within 2 weeks.
By following the above method, the ants can be killed in a very effective method by using home remedies. A safer, less harmful house environment and a guaranteed way to get rid of ants without the use of pesticides, the home remedies are a sure way for effective killing.