A deck around a ground pool, one of the many popular ideas used, not only beautifies the area but also prevents the pool from getting excessive dirty. An easy to carry out idea, anyone by following the right steps for building a deck.
To proceed on with the process, the basic equipment required is:
- 2-by-4 inch/ 2-by-6 inch boards
- 4-by-4 inch posts
- 2-by-6 inch joists
- 2-inch and 2 1/2-inch screws
- Lag bolts
- Pre-made stair stringers
- 5-by-6 inch deck boards
Above Ground Pool Deck Plan
Below is a detailed guide on how to build a deck. A very easy to follow process with no technical work required, almost anyone is capable of doing this.
- Firstly, mark the area where the stairs contact the ground. Make this the reference point and then buy pre-made stair stringer. Theses will cut out much of the extensive labor, and when searched for, the pre-made stair stringers can be found according to the correct height of the pool.
- Next build the frame of the deck by the use of pressure treated lumber. One should be careful in taking measurements and should build it to the height of the pool or a bit lower, but not exceed the height of the pool.
- Firstly by using 4-by-4 inch posts, make the main support of the deck. Then by using the 2-by-4 inch posts, make the fencing by making an “X” pattern. These should be inter-attached with lad screws.
- Next attach the 2-by-2 and 2-by-4 posts in upright position to make the railing of the stairs and the main deck structure.
- By using the screws, attach the deck boards with the stairs and on front of risers, making sure the screws are long enough to go through the structure. Attach the decking as well with the screws and trim any excess off.
- Attach rail pickets 3 inches apart from each other and also attach the top post on correct positions to firm up the foundation.
Building a deck around above ground pools is an easy task, an easy task if done correctly. Anyone with the proper equipment and knowledge of the procedure can make a deck. They not only add to the beauty but also to the benefits of the pool itself, making decks one of the very popular choices.